Monday, December 30, 2013

May 2014 be Better than 2013 !

Oh Hi blog! It's been a long time... like a reaaaaaally looong time!! I can't believe that the last time I blogged was in January! Oh mai, 11 months ago! wth! But no worries cuz I'm posting one now, I suddenly have the urge to update my blog, since the "ohm" is here, I shall not waste it! And it's gonna be a loooong post! Yay!


So hello, hello! Hello December *stare at calendar* can't believe that 2013 is coming to an end. Well, time flies really fast huh. Looking back at the past 11 months, I can say that I'm quite impressed and surprised at myself. *Ahem! Feeling proud* I quit my boring HR job in April and decided to join an event company in May. I hated my first permanent job so much that I felt so useless everyday when I go to work. I started serious job hunting in January and I've been applying for marketing and event jobs for months but failed to get one because most of them required related working experience. I was really devastated. Until one day, as usual I was browsing JS and I found this company, and the title was "ManagementTrainee" the minute I saw this title, I knew I had a chance for interview because:

1. "ManagementTrainee" doesn’t require experience
2. "ManagementTrainee" also means you do everything anything they asked aka cheap labour.

I don't mind doing pt2 as long as I get to learn and gain some experience, cuz I really wanna quit HR and join marketing/ events, hence I really need the related experience to change field and bring myself to the next level. As I read the JD further, something got my attention- all events from the company are in overseas, which means I get to travel for free! So yea, not bad right? And so, I applied. Few days later or one week I can't remember, I received a call from the secretary and it was an interview invite. When there is an interview invite, just go and collect information, observe the environment and the people, then decide. That's what I do.

So I went to the interview, to my dismay, the minute I opened the door I was disappointed. The office environment was really a turn off- it was old and dusty. I was being asked to sit at an empty cubicle to wait for my turn, and the place was really dusty, I could even doodle on the table with fingers! After waited 30 mins, I went in the room and saw the Managing Director, first thought was: Wahlao, a gweilo eh?! Then I got bit worried cuz I was afraid that he might not understand my bloken engrish. But the interview went fine and I got to meet my supervisor too. The MD told me that they would finalize the hiring today and will call me in the afternoon if i'm hired, and I was like Wait WHATTTT?!! TODAY in the afternoon?!!! I wasn't prepared at all, I went for the interview just to collect info and I really hate the environment. So I went home and told my parents about the interview and the office environment, but the JD is really interesting though, cuz it's a totally different field and it's challenging too cuz it required lotsa communications dealing with oversea hotels/ contractors/ clients. Majority, like 90% of our clients are foreigners. So yes, big challenges for an introvert like me eh!


I still remember, it was around 3pm+, I was taking a short nap at the living room and I heard my phone ringing in my room. My heart beating real fast and I was so afraid that I got hired. (Wah, so muka tebal) So I dragged myself to my room and saw a missed call from the MD and he actually left a voice mail for me. When I was just about to call him back, he called me instead. So my instinct was right! I got the job offer but I was so hesitant to take the offer, and the major reason was because the office environment. Big turn off.


So I told my parents about the offer and after a looonggggg dilemma, I finally decided to take the offer because life is short so let’s make the best of it, live it with no regret! *Fuiyooh* But if I really hate it, well just quit and get a new job. No harm trying right? So this, is how I got my current job and it’s actually not as bad as I thought! There are ups and downs of course, like 2 colleagues in my team left after my first month and when I was in my 2nd month, my supervisor left for KLCC after 3 years working in my current company, leaving me alone in the Exhibition team for 2 months until we found a replacement. Oh, if you're curious about the office environment. Well, it's much better now! One day I had lunch with the HR and he asked me what I think about the company, so I told him my honest opinion, office is dusty and my nose itches everyday since I started to work here. So one week after that, MD bought an air purifier (Yay!) and the part time cleaner comes few times a week instead of just once a week. (Double Yay!!) :) 


The fun thing about my current job is the travelling part. I have the chance to travel for free and also travel to places that I don’t think I would go. My first event was in Vietnam in July, then was Istanbul in September and followed by PE, South Africa in November. If my supervisor didn't leave this co, I don't think I would have the chance to travel. Kekeke. The workload sometimes is heavy and stressful though, as my boss aka the MD is demanding and impatient most of the time especially when he is moody and grumpy. But oh well, still a better job than my previous one. 

Quitting my old job and getting a new one is considered as one of my achievements in 2013. I hope I've made the right choice joining my current co, please continue to be awesome and wonderful in 2014! *Pray Hard*

Apart from getting a new job, nothing exciting happens. I’m still the same me, still shy in front of strangers but crazy when with friends. I guess if I’m still working at my previous co, my life would be dull and boring, because most of the funny/ stupid/ happening stories happened in my new job. Wah, I guess I really like my new job cuz most of the things I wrote here in this post are related to it. Maybe I’m still fresh and new, but I hope this feeling will last longer, at least two years laaa please.

Just a few more days, I will need to change my organizer and getting a new calendar. I’m gonna think of a new list of resolutions and I hope I can achieve all, if not half would be good too! (I didn’t even achieve half of my 2013 resolutions!) There is one thing I hope to get in 2014, please, please, please make it happen! I want an awesome, good looking and brainy boyfriend!

May 2014 be wonderful and awesome! Cheers for an awesome year, I look forward to another great year!


xoxo
post signature

1 comment:

路宝贝 said...

Happy New Year and good luck to your new job.